An Beginners Guide: TikTok Marketing
In this way, TikTok influences mainstream culture. It has catapulted the careers of Lil Nas X and Olivia Rodrigo, among others; it has turned a 13-year-old pug named Noodles into a mood forecaster (is it a bones day or a no bones day?); and it has convinced half of its users to buy a product they saw in-app (#TikTokMadeMeBuyIt). TikTok has made it clear that it intends to remain a significant player in the market for short viral videos, despite the rise of rivals such as Instagram Reels and YouTube shorts.
What exactly is TikTok, and how can it benefit your business?
TikTok may seem like the wild west of social media to users of other generations. TikTok is a mobile app for creating and sharing short-form videos (anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 minutes in length).
ByteDance, the company that created the app, released it in China in 2016. It was an instant hit with the country’s millennial generation. In 2017, ByteDance bought the video-sharing app Musical.ly, and its successor, TikTok, became an instant hit across the Atlantic, particularly among the millennial generation.
When it comes to young people, TikTok has replaced Google. Considering that more than 60% of TikTok’s audience is comprised of members of Gen-Z, the app provides an ideal environment for advertising your brand, particularly if you’re trying to reach a younger demographic.
Interested in learning Korean or finding a great new restaurant to try tonight? Look it up on TikTok. More and more people are sticking with it because of its tailored recommendation algorithm, which displays videos to users depending on how they’ve interacted with and preferred specific types of content. With the help of this algorithm, brands can tailor their TikTok pages to appeal to their intended demographics and forge genuine relationships with the users of the platform.
TikTok account creation instructions
As TikTok continues to grow in popularity, now is the perfect time to create an account. You’ll need to sign up for an account before you can share clips of your kitty dressed as Dracula.
Step by step instructions:
- First, get TikTok from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- In order to do step 2, launch the app.
- Third, decide how you’d like to sign up (by phone, email, Apple, Google, Twitter, or Instagram).
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish signing up.
- When you sign up for an account, that’s not the end of the process. Now is the time to edit your profile to reflect your ideal brand image by including a photo, bio, and other details.
- Fifth, include a contact in your account (optional).
- Anyone in your phone’s address book who also uses TikTok can be added to your account.
- Item #6: Experiment with the App
Take some time and look around the app. Explore the For You page, where you’ll find a feed customised for you based on your activity, the accounts and hashtags you follow, your location, the language you use, and the content you create. You’ll start seeing more relevant recommendations from TikTok’s algorithm the more you use the app.
- As a final step, try out the integrated search function. Here you can find people who have posted videos, sounds, or Live videos that are relevant to your search.
Discover some innovators in your field
We’ve reached the exciting part where you get to go out and meet other creators in your specific field of interest.
If you work in digital marketing, for instance, you might find it interesting to keep tabs on your peers to see what kinds of content they’re producing. As an alternative, you could keep tabs on digital marketing firms.
Adhere to any brands whose values you share. And of course, you can always just follow the brands you like. In many cases, you can find helpful information and ideas from fields that seem completely unrelated to your own.
Take advantage of this chance to connect with other imaginative people. Engage with them online by commenting, sharing, and calling them out in your own videos. Don’t focus on your TikTok follower count so much as you build a community.
Putting together a TikTok
Now, let’s cut to the chase and get to the juicy details. Once you sign up for TikTok, you’ll have access to the platform’s extensive toolset for making your own videos.
- TikTok’s Create mode is accessible by clicking the plus sign in the account’s hub.
2. Pick from a wide variety of options, including:
Rapidity in recording
- In-built timer
Filters for unique effects
- 3. To add a soundtrack to your video, select Add sound from the menu bar
- After making your selections, hit the record button to begin capturing video.
Select the Upload button (located to the left of the record button) to upload a previously recorded video.
- 5. Repeat steps 2-4 to add more videos to the loop.
- Hit the checkbox next to the record button when you’re done filming. 6.
- Seven, customise your video with a variety of options, including text, stickers, filters, voiceovers, and more, on the subsequent screen.
Click Next when you’re done making changes to add a caption, hashtags, tags, a location, a URL, or a privacy toggle.
- 9 – Just hit “Post” and you’re good to go!
There’s also the option of saving the draught for later publication. You can also plan ahead and schedule your TikTok to go live at a later time.
To expand your audience, make use of trending hashtags and post at optimal times.
The quickest way to get in on the TikTok craze is to download the app, come up with a username that reflects your brand’s identity, and start making videos. To get noticed and gain new followers, try out different hashtags, sounds, and trends. Having a profile on the site increases your company’s visibility, allowing you to connect with a wider range of potential customers. If you’re just starting out on TikTok, go ahead and make whatever you want!